Noel Ginsburg is an innovative, caring, and trusted leader who brings fresh thinking to Colorado.
Noel Ginsburg is a manufacturing entrepreneur running for Colorado Governor in 2018.
Coming from outside politics, Noel brings a fresh, positive and visionary perspective to leading Colorado. Noel’s manufacturing mindset works to first understand a problem or need and then creates and scales a high quality solution.
Noel builds teams, places people in the right roles, and brings people together to solve problems.
CareerWise Colorado, a statewide apprenticeship system connecting businesses and high school students, is a recent innovation he founded to build skills and give our students a clear career path with choices that could lead anywhere from an apprenticeship to a PhD. This statewide nonprofit organization is building the middle class by closing the skills gap through experiential learning. CareerWise is transforming pathways to jobs, providing more choices to students, and strengthening Colorado’s economy.
A Colorado native, Noel’s self-made path has allowed him to learn by doing, through real world grit.
In 1980, while still in his senior year at the University of Denver, Noel founded Intertech Plastics and fulfilled a niche market in advanced manufacturing. Noel shepherded his company to sustainable growth by maximizing the talents of his skilled employees. The company is a custom injection molding business, manufacturing products for the consumer, packaging, industrial, and medical device markets. The company has employed hundreds of people over its 36 years and continues to operate out of its facilities in Northeast Denver.
Guided by deep integrity and servant leadership, Noel thrives on an active civic life.
Noel’s civic leadership spans serving as the board chair of the Mile High United Way to President of the Denver Public Schools Foundation. Through the Colorado I have a Dream Foundation, Noel and his wife Leslie sponsored 42 inner-city children. Their commitment started in 1994 and continued through the children’s graduation from high school, spanning a period of 10 years, and he maintains relationships with many of them today.
Noel is a lifelong Democrat devoted to Colorado.
Noel is a Democrat who looks at each issue for the best answer. He listens, invites all voices, understands, builds the team, and then gets things done. His leadership style is to build consensus and let others shine. He has quietly and effectively worked along side us for years and has built strong connections with people of the working class, the middle class, those living in poverty, and communities across Colorado. He has deep relationships and understands businesses and systems that influence job creation, our economy, and education. He’s witnessed the relevance and impact of government programs and policies on people’s lives. As Governor, Noel will bring this perspective into the daily decisions of leading Colorado.
Noel believes in family.
Born and raised in Colorado, Noel attended public schools and lives in Denver, with his wife Leslie of 27 years, also a native Coloradan. They have two adult children, Corey and Ali. Noel’s parents, Morris and Helen, enjoy living in the mile high city as well. Noel frequents the Colorado outdoors and loves to ride his motorcycle in the mountains. As a young adult, Noel was a ski instructor and continues to be an avid skier today. Colorado’s beauty has always been a centering place for him.
- Founder, Chairman & CEO of Intertech Plastics, Inc.
- Chairman & CEO of Intertech Medical, Inc.
- Founder, Chairman & CEO of CareerWise Colorado
- Founder of Colorado Advanced Manufacturing Alliance (CAMA)
- CareerWise Colorado, Founding Board Chair, 2014-Present
- Colorado Workforce Development Council, Board Member 2015-present
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Board Member 2015-present
- Colorado Business Experiential Learning Commission (BEL), Co-Chair, 2015-present
- Denver Public Schools, Career and Technical Education Council, Chair 2015-present
- Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade, Commissioner 2013-present
- Clinton Foundation: U.S. Youth Employment Action Network, Member 2014
- Colorado Advanced Manufacturing Alliance (CAMA), Founding Board Chair 2012-2014
- The Leadership Initiative, Founding Member and Co-Chair, 2011
- Mile High United Way, Board Chair 2001 + 2009, Campaign Chair, 1997
- Denver Public Schools Foundation, President 2009
- Jewish Colorado, Board Chair 2008
- Colorado I Have A Dream Foundation, Board Chair of Founding Board 1994
- Wexner Heritage Foundation, Fellow 1994
- Young Presidents Organization, Member 1991
- Leadership Denver, 1988
- Anti-Defamation League’s 2016 Civil Rights Award, 2016
- Colorado Technology Association's Talent Champion, 2016
- Goodwill Community Leader Award, 2012
- Goodwill Industries Outstanding Volunteer Award, 2008
- Colorado Nonprofit Week: William Funk Award for building statewide community, 2003
- Leadership Denver Outstanding Alumnus Award, 2001
Martin Luther King Humanitarian Award, 2000
Urban Peak Maverick Thinker Award, 2000
Daniel L. Ritchie Award for Ethics in Business, University of Denver, 1998
- Honorary Doctorate, University of Denver, 1995
- Helen Phelps Award for Distinguished Service, Denver Public Schools, 1995
Martin Luther King Social Responsibility Business Award, 1995
Small Business Person of the Year, U.S. Small Business Administration, 1989